Saturday 5 March 2011

Published...

...in Cloth Paper Scissors.
My copies arrived yesterday, i'm very excited

The magazine is always full of interesting articles and i'm proud to be part of it.
The Team at Cloth Paper Scissors were very professional to deal with, always very kind and helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
and.. Ta Da
I've opened an Etsy shop (Tina Gilmore) which i'll link to later as i'm still listing at the moment, here are some of the works about to go on, there are already a few other items on there.
These pieces are part of the "Simplicity" series one of which was featured in Cloth paper Scissors.



This issue of CPS is for sale in my shop "Indigo Moon" if anyone would like a copy email me for details at
info@indigomoon.eu

excitement aside.....these were so much fun to do,
button brooches i made whilst in the shop the other day. I was playing around with some bits and experimenting with a stack of wooden discs i had and wondering what i could do with them and as I sell these buttons in the shop i grabbed a few and a bottle of glue and thought they looked great as brooches, I ended up making 43 and sold eight before the shop closed.

and...because I'm so fed up of this horrible cold weather we're having here in the UK (i wonder sometimes if the sun will ever return, it feels so long since we had any warm weather) I decided to encourage it along with an Easter/Spring window display. I bought some gorgeous coloured eggs from TK Maxx in Shrewsbury last week to decorate the branches with and loads of people have wanted to buy them, I could have sold them all tenfold, at a good profit too, but i'm very protective of them, which is a good job because when i went back to TK Maxx they'd sold out!

Now this something i'm really excited about... i was having panic attacks about the horrible blue chairs at the Town Hall for the wedding reception, we were close to having to hire some as i couldn't see them working. Then Gav found these Spandex covers on ebay. We had no idea what they'd be like so we bought one and crept into the town hall to borrow a chair to try it out...and it looked great. I already had some organza ribbon to try the bow and it totally transformed the chair so we've ordered what we need in covers and bows now also managed to get access into the town hall to test out the settings of the reception tables, we had such a laugh rolling them out...and then a rush to put them all back before the jive class started, it was very constructive and of course, now we have our table plan.
Having lots of visitors at the moment too, freinds and family who're attending the wedding requesting a catch up beforehand, it's lovely despite the chaos still going on.

Thankfully, the plumbing work is due to be all finished on wednesday, it's so nice to have central heating and hot water and the en suite is looking really nice.
After that it'll be all systems go to get the house in order before wedding guests arrive.
The shop is picking up again now after the January/February lull, there are so many visitors to Montgomery at the moment and they're all loving it here. The Checkers restaurant and hotel had their long awaited opening evening tonight, the work they've done there is stunning, we can't wait to go there for a meal. Montgomery has quite a lot to offer now.
I'll be doing my own exhibition of my art and celebrating this publication at the end of March with a late opening and will keep you posted of the date and times. I'm off to bed now, I need my sleep! Nos da.