Sunday 19 December 2010

I'd forgotten how much hard work having a puppy was, besides the toilet training problems now there's the constant biting - but she is sooooooo beautiful and we're so glad she's with us. I can't believe how good she is, she's barely cried since we've had her, and is so cute, playful and sociable. Awwwww....just look at her!!I had so many plans and ideas for spending time in my art room, but i just can't resist being with her, so it's all gone by the wayside. Anyway, these are some works in progress. This is detail of a larger piece.

I started this piece a few years ago it was a commission for a friend i worked with as her daughter was an ice skater. I never managed to finish it and the lady movd on... I think i may try and revive it.
I went through a phase of creating trees, lots of swirly branches.


And this one for my baby girl, Nicci, who loves books.
This, believe it or not, is actually a print of my very first collage, sold many years ago. I was so impressed with this giclee print, it still looked real.
Prepared blocks of wood ready for collages, i sold another three today in the shop, so am now down to just a few, better get on and finish them over the christmas holiday.


Must say i'm really looking forward to having some time off over Christmas, we're planning a week off at the end of January and heading off somewhere nice to relax before we prepare for, hopefully, another busy Spring.

Hope you all have a brilliant christmas and new year, an looking forward to spending some time looking at everyone's blogs.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND I HOPE SANTA BRINGS YOU ALL EVERYTHING YOU'VE ASKED FOR